Looking for a fantastic salad, how about trying our Cranberry Cilantro Quinoa Salad Recipe. It’s perfect anytime of the year.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup minced carrots
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Pour the water into a saucepan, and cover with a lid. Bring to a boil over high heat, then pour in the quinoa, recover, and continue to simmer over low heat until the water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Scrape into a mixing bowl, and chill in the refrigerator until cold.
Once cold, stir in the red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, red onion, curry powder, cilantro, lime juice, sliced almonds, carrots, and cranberries. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Chill before serving.
I like to add Salmon or Chicken or even egg to this dish. Other tasty substitutes are using dried cherries or apricots, mint, sweet onion instead of red, tomatoes. I could go on and on.
Just remember to chill the quinoa all the way before adding other ingredients.
Great for all year round. Light and fresh for summertime, and colorful and nutritious all year round.
Eat Well and Nourish
Nourish to Flourish!