Evolve Skateboards and their GT Carbon Street Electric Skateboard hail from down under, we’re talking Australia. For those that don’t know, electric skateboards have made inroads within the last few years. My first encounter with electric skateboard was while watching Casey Neistat’s YouTube channel. He has a daily Vlog that he posts and you will often see him riding a Boosted Board. He absolutely raves about them. If you watch enough of his videos you will see the Boosted Board sprinkled throughout. One of the issues he often runs into is battery life or the lack there of.
The 1st generation Boosted Boards could only travel 6 to 7 miles between charges. The new 2nd Generation Boosted Boards extended that range to 12 – 14 miles. This of course is a dramatic improvement, but pails in comparison to Evolves estimated 31 mile range. Having to constantly worry about battery life shouldn’t be an issue with the GT Carbon and if the range specifications are correct, Evolve Skateboards will be the company to beat.
Evolve Skateboards | GT Carbon Street Electric Skateboard Overview
- Deck material: High-grade Custom Moulded Carbon Fiber & Kevlar.
- Deck length: 102cm/40 inches.
- Deck wheelbase: 81cm/33.5inches.
- Trucks: Black GT Super carve 306mm/12inch width.
- Wheels: Black Evolve GT 83mm 76A for the GT street board. Also compatible with Loaded Longboard 80mm Kegels and Abec 11 flywheels (83mm, 90mm and 97mm) and Evolve 7” All terrain wheels for the All Terrain GT board.
- Motors: 3000 watt high performance custom made sensored dual brush out-runner motors.
- Bearings: Abec 9 Evolve Speedballs precision bearings.
- Battery: 42v Lithium Polymer battery with custom BMS.
- Recharge: 4-5 hours with standard charger (Optional fast charger 3hrs).
- Weight: 7.9kg/17lbs Street GT.
- Range: Up to 50km/31miles on the Street GT, varies depending on rider weight, terrain and riding style.
- Top Speed: Approx. 36-42kph/22-26mph on the street GT depending on wheel and gear size (see speed chart). This may vary depending on rider weight and terrain.
- Braking: ABS smooth regenerative braking. Has the ability to bring you to a complete stop if required.
- Noise: Minimal noise
- Acceleration: Smooth stepless acceleration from slow to top speed.
- Remote: Digital LCD screen remote with speed indicator, trip function, 4 speed settings, Battery display, wheel and gear settings and diagnosis screen.
- Max Load: 100 kg / 220 lbs.
- Terrain: Smooth and hard surfaces ie tarmac, bitumen, concrete for the Street GT. Any hard or compact surface ie tarmac, bitumen, concrete, short grass, dirt, uneven and poor terrain surfaces for the All Terrain GT.
- Slides: Yes for the GT street. No for the AT unless on gravel or grass surfaces.
- Hills: Up to 25% gradient in GT mode (insanely STEEP!).
- Aesthetics: Design focused. Very high tech look, sound and feel. Has a distinctive F1 low profile look with built in electrics.
- Retail: $1,995
The GT Carbon Street Series is absolutely beautiful with the all carbon deck and rad orange accented trucks and wheels. It’s looks extremely fast and in fact is one of the fastest electric skateboards on the market today. The GT clocks in at an amazing 22-25mph. Given the fact that it can also climb grades up to 25% and you have a skateboard that can go just about anywhere you need to.
Evolve just didn’t stop with the skateboard, they provide one of the best smart remote controllers in the industry. The remote displays speed, battery level, range and mode selected on a built in LCD screen
Speed Modes – 4 user modes
- Slow – Designed for the beginner to allow easy control and a safe top speed.
- Eco – Is designed to get the most range out of the battery and those who prefer a relaxed ride.
- Fast – Ups the speed for those speed hungry riders.
- GT – Specifically designed for the speed junkie who simply can not go fast enough.
What About Rough Terrain?
Glad you asked. Evolve put some thought into less than optimal conditions and came up with the GT Carbon Series AT, which stands for All Terrain. Rather than street wheels, the Carbon AT comes with 7” All Terrain pneumatic hubs and tyres (tires). I haven’t ridden on the AT, but I am assuming it performs well on pavement and can get down and dirty on groomed trails. Imagine skateboarding on a dirt trail or in short cut grass, wicked cool.
Overall Observations Of The GT Carbon Street Electric Skateboard
Obviously Evolve Skateboards did their homework and have produced an electronic skateboard that leaves it’s competition literally in the dust. To say this board looks good is an understatement.
The only downside is the price tag of $1,995. Beyond that though, the GT Carbon appears to be the best electric skateboard on the market today.
To get the full scoop on Evolve Skateboards, check out Evolve’s Website for more information.
Incoming search terms:
- Evolve GT Carbon
- evolve carbon gt
- evolve skateboards
- evolve gt skateboard review
- evolve carbon gt review
- evolve gt skateboard issue
- evolve skateboards review
- evolve gt carbon street
- carbon gt skateboard
- Evolve gt review