Acid Reflux… GERD… Ulcers… Heart Burn… Ugh!!! How to Heal Digestive Issues:
First and foremost, I am not a licensed expert on this topic; but I have done my own extensive research and worked with experts on my own ailments over the years and have found great success… thus I want to share this with YOU!
How to Heal Digestive Issues…
Acid Reflux, GERD, Ulcers, Heart Burn, Canker Sores, Burning tongue bumps, Bloating, Gas, even Allergies, the list goes on and on. They are all related to an out of whack digestive tract. Most of us on occasion suffer from at least one of the above, and it’s quite likely that we have chronic digestive issues that too often go ignored or unnoticed. Or even worse, we too often grab a quick fix of antacids, but they only do MORE HARM than good in the long run. I’m here to tell you to pay close attention to your gut. We often think these issues are not severe, and there’s a good chance that they aren’t… at least not yet, but it is important to address these issues for quality living and longevity. Now’s the time!
The main point for this article is to share a quick list of helpful foods or herbs or practices to get you started on healing your digestive issues. I encourage you to do your own added research. Dr. Mercola website is a good one to look at, GAPS diet is another helpful resource. And of course, my husband always says… Google it. But hey, there’s loads of info to get lost in, so here’s a quick list of GUT Healthy tips:
Gut Healthy Tips:
- Canker Sores… wash mouth out with baking soda right away. Salt water is helpful too.
- Tongue bumps that burn or are sore… avoid spicy and sugary foods/ drinks and alcohol.
- Heart Burn / GERD / Acid Reflux / Ulcers… DRINK LOTS OF CLEAN WATER. Carrot Juice and or Cabbage Juice is AMAZING for these issues. They are soothing to the insides. Sauerkraut, Leeks, Bone Broth are also amazing natural medicinal foods. Chew your food slowly. Avoid drinking water while eating. The water combination interferes with the acid levels that are necessary for the stomach to digest the foods properly. SLIPPERY ELM Tea, DANDELION ROOT or Leaf Teas are SUPERB Gut Healing herbs / teas. Plus they taste pretty good… slippery elm is a little strange at first because of it’s thickening texture, but it’s taste is pretty good. Even fresh picked peppermint leaves and rosemary placed in water are helpful!! Also FRESH squeezed lemon or lime into luke warm water is beneficial to our digestion. It helps restore the stomachs acid levels so to help aide in proper digestion. When we eat too much sugar or processed foods, or pop antacids, drink too many bubbly drinks or too much alcohol, then our stomach acid loses it’s potency to do its job. The gut bacteria also gets out of balance and our digestive issues turn into life long nuisances at best, and at worst… terrible pains, diseases, cancers, even psychological troubles.
RECAP… MEDICINAL TOOL BOX for YOUR GUT HEALTH:
- Baking Soda
- Lemon / Lime
- Slippery Elm powder / Dandelion Root or leaf (make teas)
- Fresh picked PEPPERMINT leaves and ROSEMARY in WATER
- Carrot Juice
- Cabbage Juice
- Bone Broth
- PLAIN Kefir, Goat Milk or yogurt can be helpful.
- Probiotics (yogurt, capsules, sauerkraut, coconut water kefir)
- AVOID Sugars, Alcohol, Chocolate… sorry 🙁 but just until you’re gut starts feeling better
- AVOID foods that are too spicy
- AVOID processed foods or greasy foods
- AVOID gluten if possible, or at least for a few weeks or months
- PRACTICE…. breathing exercises and meditation and prayer
- Acupuncture can be quite helpful!!!
- Gemmotherapy and homeopathy can be helpful!!!
*Healing our Guts means Loving our Guts. The symptoms might not always go away overnight, but when we incorporate some of the above listed tips, your gut and your overall health happiness is sure to improve!!! YOU ARE WORTH IT! Start off with one or two of the above healing teas, foods, or practices, and give it a go for a couple of weeks. Stick with it, eat as clean as you can and keep close attention to how you feel. All my best to you and your incredible digestive system. It’s an amazing system and a good one to have working for us, not against us. AGH!!! I LOVE YOUR GUT SO MUCH 🙂 I want you to love it too.
Also check out some of my recipes… I often incorporate gut healthy herbs, and constantly add new recipes on a regular basis.
Day 1 GUT LOVING for the rest of your life…