Gulp… this is going to be one of those articles that will sometime in the future make me wake up in the middle of the night in a panic and wish I’d never posted this crude write up… but then I’ll remind myself that everybody does it and everyone could use a little TLC in these ever so personal areas of life. Let’s continue with this magnificent topic…. Do you know someone very close to you who suffers; or better yet, YOU suffer because THEY can’t stop farting and THEY won’t kindly excuse themselves to leave the room? I know how you feel then!! It’s awful when someone you love can’t control their farts. I’m not talking about Tom here (my husband), and I’m certainly not talking about myself (though I have studied the subject and have discovered successful methods to curtail the noxious nuisances. The real stink bomb in our house is obviously OLAF (amazingly cute and cuddly pug how on earth can such ungodliness poof out from this little fur ball?) Ok so maybe we’re all a little guilty to a degree. But enough pointing fingers. Sometimes there are serious health concerns that must be addressed.
So how does one STOP Farting? Is it even possible for such a desire to be achieved?
Stop Farting 101
First, we gotta understand what it’s all about, and more importantly WHY … YOU, yes YOU have a flatulence problem. It’s ok to admit it. Don’t worry about that cute guy that is standing behind you as you read this, looking over your shoulders, and realizing that YOU are reading about… Farts. Yeah… be ashamed be embarrassed, or better yet… OWN IT. Yeah, so what, it was me… I ate the cabbage. What you gonna do about that? First of all, passing gas is normal. Hi profile MIT based, Mayo Clinic based, Dr.Oz or Phill or even Mr. Potato based studies show that on any given day, it’s normal to pas gas 14-20 times. I’m probably up to 25 times… my husband might beg to differ, but hey who’s counting?! If you are exceeding this amount in any given day, and if your gas is quite smelly, it’s worth considering the cause. Thus, hey, hi… I’m considering… I mean, OLAF the pug is considering… Don’t worry, when you see me, know that this gassy issue is a thing of the past. I got it all under control!!! Actually it’s taken me a while, but I proudly will admit that I DO indeed have it under control ever since I started loving my gut. And that is why I am sharing this crucial information with YOU. Because I want you to love your gut too!
Possible Causes of Gas:
- Bacteria overgrowth in your gut!!!
- Reaction to certain foods (beans, cruciferous veggies, SUGAR, Dairy, Bread…)
- Bubbly Drinks
- Not Chewing your food fully / gulping excess air
GUT HEALTH to CUT Back on Embarrassing Digestive Issues:
- Heal thy gut. (GAPS Diet is a good example)
- Eat Fermented foods *(though this can actually cause more gas until you’re accustomed)
- CUT OUT THE SUGARS! Sorry but it’s for real.
- Drink water throughout the day to help flush everything out
- Educate yourself on food combining… also see GAPS link from above for more details.
HERBS THAT HELP HEAL A NOXIOUS DIGESTIVE SYSTEM:
- Anise seed
- Dandelion Root and leaves
- Slippery Elm
- There are many others, but these are a good start.
- You can drink these as a tea, use dried herbs or fresh and add them into your meals.
- *REMEMBER, it’s equally important to add these healing herbs and foods AND water, just as much as it is to cut back on the poor food choices.
- Digestive Enzymes can also be helpful for a short period of time.
- It’s not realistic to completely stop farting
- Your gas problem CAN be healed with new food choices
- LOVE your GUT and you won’t ever have to blame embarrassing situations on your dog.
Cheers to your health and your stinky friends’ health! 🙂
Incoming search terms: