Last October, Fitbit introduced their new line of activity trackers including the Fitbit Charge, Charge HR & Surge. The Fitbit Charge, Charge HR and Surge are very similar to Garmin’s vivo line of all day trackers.
First up is the Fitbit Charge. The Charge is Fitbit’s basic activity tracker.
Fitbit Charge features…
- Accurate tracking of steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned and floors climbed
- A bright, OLED display showing time of day and real-time stats
- Automatic sleep detection monitors sleep quality using motion analysis to understand sleep and wake times; also features a silent, vibrating alarm
- Caller ID to helps users stay connected to incoming calls; the wristband vibrates and shows the caller’s name or number when a smartphone is nearby
- Exercise tracking to easily record workouts, see real-time exercise stats and have summaries appear automatically on the Fitbit dashboard
- A high-quality, water-resistant, comfortable new textured wristband design with an improved clasp
- Up to 7 days of battery life
Next comes the Fitbit Charge HR. For those that want to also track heart rate, the Charge HR does that and a little more.
The Charge HR comes with everything the Charge has plus it includes
- Continuous 24/7 heart rate right on the wrist to get more accurate all-day calorie burn, reach target workout intensity and maximize training
- All-day insights into overall heart health including resting heart rate and heart rate trends, alongside stats like steps, distance, floors climbed, calories and active minutes
- Up to 5 days of battery life – Charge HR is specially designed with battery efficient technology, so you can spend more time tracking and less time charging
Lastly Fitbit introduced Fitbit Surge.
Surge includes all the breakthrough features of Charge and Charge HR, plus:
- Built-in GPS delivers stats like pace, distance, elevation, split times, route history and workout summaries for smarter training
- Records multi-sport activities like running, cross-training and strength workouts; see comprehensive summaries with tailored metrics, workout intensity and calories burned
- Smartwatch features including Caller ID, text alerts and mobile music control let users train smarter and stay focused right from the wrist
- Eight sensors—3-axis accelerometers, gyroscope, compass, ambient light sensor, GPS and heart rate—working harmoniously to give users the most advanced tracking in the thinnest, lightest design on the market
- Backlit LCD touch screen display with customizable watch faces, makes it easy to navigate through real-time stats, workout apps, sleep and alarms
- Up to 7 days of battery life – Surge is specially designed with battery efficient technology, so you can track a work week or a marathon on just one charge
Incoming search terms: