Japanese Yam Chips
… Yam Yam Yum Yum That’s right, these good for you potato chips are Yammy, I mean Yummy. I’ve known about baking potato fries and even sweet potato fries, but this is my first time learning about and tasting Japanese yam chips. I first heard about it in a healthy fit group via my church. A group of us have been following The Daniel Plan Detox. It’s not your normal detox, you’re actually encouraged to eat a balance of proteins, carbs, and fats. I’ve been avoiding grains and sugars and dairy for ten days; after that, I will gradually add back goat kefir and yogurts, and grains, such as rice, quinoa or amaranth; and even lentils and beans. Anyway, today is day 10. I’ve just about made it! But today is also the day that I happen to be CRAVING like mad! Chewy, crunchy, salty Ahhh gimme something yummy. Or Yammy. Seriously, if you have not tried a Japanese Yam before, go out and find one. It’s not quite as sweet as a regular orange colored sweet potato. It’s much more mild or even a tad bitter. Also more satisfying than a regular boring potato… sorry. I’m now partial.
Alright already… I’ll get to the good part:
The Recipe: Japanese Yam Chips with guacamole:
What you’ll need:
- 1-2 large Japanese Yams
- Herbs of your liking (I use sea salt, rosemary, tarragon, little bit of chili, dried basil)
- Solid cutting board and knife OR mandolin.
- *Slice Really thin* be careful
- Large mixing bowl
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (drizzle over just enough to lightly coat)
- *could also use ghee or coconut oil instead
- Mix herbs
- Baking Sheets (spread out thin and do not overlap taters)
- Heat oven to 380F (400F for crispier)
- Everyone needs an old fashioned timer Tic Tic Tic Tic…
- Approximately 40 minutes *(keep an eye on taters and flip as needed)
It’s go time! Empty chips onto plate and let cool for a few minutes.
- Add a little homemade guacamole to spice it up
- Serve well and share! Bon appétit!
Cheers to your heart health!!! Inside and out.
Incoming search terms:
- japanese yam
- japanesse chiP recepi
- japànesse virgin
- white japanese yam chips