Looking for a great summer time meal, how about our Tuna Fish Salad Recipe. We have had several people ask us to share our recipe because it looked so tasty.
Tuna Fish Salad Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cans of Tuna Fish (We use the Albacore in water without salt)
- 1/2 an apple (Gala Apples are a good choice)
- 1 stalk of Celery
- 1 large carrot
- 1 handful of grapes (Seedless)
- 2 Spoonfuls of Sweet Relish (We like Woodstock Organic Relish)
You can find it at Woodstock-Foods
- 2 Spoonfuls of Mayo (Our Choice is Primal Kitchen Mayonnaise made with avocado oil)
You can find out more about it at Primal Nutrition Inc. (Best Mayo we have found)
- Pepper (1 teaspoon of pepper)
- Optional Crackers (These are optional, but I love having crackers), Cucumbers, Fresh Peppers (The vegitable), or celary sticks
Other Items needed
- Big Bowl
- Good cutting knife
- Can opener
- 2 to 4 dishes for people to eat on.
Note: The tuna fish salad recipe will make 4 servings.
Tuna Fish Salad Directions
If you have a significant other you can both work on making the tuna dish. One person and be mixing the ingredients and the other chopping up stuff.
- Use a can opener to open the lids on the cans of Tuna and rinse each one under water with the lids still on.
- Combine 2 spoonfuls of Sweet Relish, 2 spoonfuls of Mayo and 2 cans of Tuna and mix
- Chop up the carrot, celery, apple and grapes
- Combine ingredients and add pepper and mix
You’re basically done. Add 1 serving to each plate and add crackers, cucumbers, peppers or celery sticks.
Why Does It Taste So Good?
IMO the secrete is using Sweet Relish, Mayo, ground pepper and grapes. We especially like using grapes because of the sweetness. The carrots and celery gives the tuna a really nice texture in your mouth.
You can also substitute Chicken for the Tuna. Either will work. If you are going to use Chicken, you might also want to add almonds for a bit of nutty flavor.
Handful of red seedless grapes.
Kathleen copping up the celery and carrots
We love adding a few fruits to our tuna. This is a gala apple.
Mixing the Mayo, Tuna Fish and Sweet Relish.
Here are our favorite Woodstock Organic Relish and Primal Kitchen Mayonnaise.
All the ingredients are mixed in.
Don’t forget to add some ground up pepper.
Two servings including crackers and orange pepper.
Let us know how you make your favorite tuna salad.